2013 Art Contest Instructions:
1.DEADLINE: All submissions must be in the school office by May 1, 2013. Entries will be picked up May 1, 2013 between 9 AM and 2 PM. Private schools and homeschools, parents should call 255-6944 or email email@example.com to schedule a pick-up or drop-off.
2. Categories: There are five categories- K-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 and 9-12.
3. All entries must reflect the theme of the contest.
4. One entry per student. No collaborative work.
5. Students must author their own art or poetry. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
6. All entries must be accompanied by one completed Entry Form. If a teacher or a parent is submitting multiple entries for his/her class or family, only one completed entry form is needed. If an entry form is not received, the entry/entries will be disqualified.
7. All entries must be clearly labeled on the back, upper left hand corner with the student’s first and last name, school name, teachers first and last name (typed labels are recommended).
8. Art Materials: Art entries should be no larger than 8 ½” X 11” and should be created on paper, cardboard or foam board. Arts and crafts materials must be used, such as crayons, markers, colored pencils, yarn, etc. computer-generated artwork and text will not be accepted. Place art in a flat envelope. (folded posters will not be accepted.) Art cannot be three-dimensional.
9. Poetry entries of any form are acceptable. Poetry entries must be 150 words or less and no longer than 20 lines. Entries must be submitted on a standard 8.5 x 11 inch letter sized paper. Poetry must be type-written or printed from a computer. No hand written entries will be accepted.
10.Identification: Be sure to write the student’s name, grade, school, school address, student’s/parents’ phone number/s, and teacher on the back of the poster in pencil or ball point pen so that we can identify the artist. Do not use anything that will bleed through to the front of the poster.
11. Release Form: A Release Form must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian for each entry submitted. (Please note that a release form must be submitted with each child’s entry in order for him or her to be eligible.
12. Use of Artwork: Artwork becomes the property of the North Shore Ocean Education Coalition. The Coalition may be use art and poetry for promotional and other purposes at the Coalition’s discretion.
For More Information: Please contact Anne Zellinger at Kahuku High & Intermediate 293-2465 or Dotty Kelly-Paddock at 255-6944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.